Posts Tagged ‘cosmetic surgery’
Almost 40 to 60% men suffer from man boobs or Gynaecomastia. But thanks to the latest technology and surgical options, you no longer have to live with man boobs if you have them. Men of all ages can suffer from male boobs, and it is nothing to be ashamed of. However, it does take a toll on a person’s confidence but not anymore. Following points discuss some benefits and facts about Vaser Liposuction –
• Advantages of Vaser Liposuction – The technique of this surgery is better than that of traditional liposuction. The surgery involves minimal recovery time and is quick. There are a few advantages of this surgery, which are as follows –
1. Increased Self Esteem and Self Confidence – Man boobs can often cause confidence crisis and many people feel like their self-esteem is plummeting down. Male boobs frequently occur in body builders who have now retired but since they are used to having a great body, confidence crisis is understandable. By getting this surgery, your confidence would shoot up, and you will feel better about yourself.
2. Makes Your Body Proportionate – The surgery would make you look better, and looking good is the first step towards feeling great and being happy. It makes your chest firmer and puts you in a better shape than ever before. Male boobs can make you look disproportionate, which can lead to a lot of self-consciousness. By male chest reduction surgery, your body would be more proportionate and you would definitely look better. It would make your self-consciousness go away. After the surgery, your chest would be flatter, and the contour would be better as well.
3. Better Choice of Clothes – It is often noticed that having male boobs limits your choice in clothes. You are forced to wear baggy t-shirts and clothes that make you look overweight and ruin your body shape. Just because you have man boobs, you are obstructed from looking like the way you want. By male chest reduction surgery, you will have a wider choice in clothes that complement your tastes and style.
4. No Scarring, No Pain and Quick Recovery Time – The surgery just involves tiny incisions. This means that you will not have to go through any pain because of the surgery. Also, the scarring is barely anything to nothing, and the recovery time is pretty quick. You can return to your normal day to day activities in 2 – 3 days.
5. Permanent Procedure – The procedure is a permanent one and you do not have to go through it again. The excess fat is removed and there will not be any recurrence of male boobs. This makes this procedure promising because it is just a single time that you have to go under the knife, and you will be free of your man boobs forever.
There is a reason why traditional liposuction does not work for male boobs, and you have to go for Vaser Liposuction. Vaser Liposuction uses ultrasound energy and separates fibrous tissues from the fat cells. While traditional liposuction works towards breaking down the fat, Vaser Liposuction almost melts it and makes the removal much easier. The fat and the gland are both easily removed during the procedure. The cost of Vaser Liposuction can be around $5000, and you also get an initial consultation for a few hundred dollars. The treatment expenses would be a one-time expense for you because of the permanent nature of the results.
The art of bodybuilding relies on two basic ideals. The first is to build massive muscle by sculpting the body with exercise. The second premise is to lose as much body fat as possible. It can be dangerous if it is done inappropriately though. It takes a great deal of discipline to keep up in the world of bodybuilding today. The competition is tough and bodybuilders are beginning to take extra steps to improve on their already low body fat numbers.Liposuction generally gives the impression that the person seeking it is overweight. That is not necessarily the case today. The number of bodybuilders who are seeking liposuction as the answer to getting rid of fat are rising. Although it is possible for bodybuilders to undergo surgery for this purpose, it may not be the safest or most ethical method to achieve the goal.
Bodybuilders should take several things into consideration prior to seeking liposuction. The most important consideration is whether the procedure is safe for someone who does not suffer from obesity issues. Liposuction surgeons are trained to operate on people who have obesity problems. The body structure is completely different on the bodybuilder. That could pose a serious threat to health for the bodybuilder who moves ahead with the procedure.
The ethical dimension to the argument as to whether bodybuilders should get liposuction is an entirely different issue. Many bodybuilders complain that they are simply unable to lose that last little bit of body fat necessary to be a serious contender. Others claim that bodybuilding is an art that you must work for. Liposuction, in their opinion, gives the bodybuilder an unfair advantage over those who have exercised and dieted in order to reach the ultimate body fat count. Liposuction for bodybuilders may become as taboo as steroids became in years past.
The other end of the ethics debate is whether doctors should perform such surgeries on patients who clearly do not need the procedure to lose weight. People serious about bodybuilding are anything but fat. Cosmetic surgeons operate on patients in order to help them look and feel better about themselves. Every operation is dangerous to an extent. Many cosmetic surgeons refuse to perform liposuction on bodybuilders. There are a handful that will do it, though. Does that mean they are acting unethically? That depends on the viewpoint. Cosmetic surgeons, after all, perform unnecessary procedures every day. If one operation is unethical, then all are unethical in the world of cosmetic surgery. It is a matter of personal opinion on this count.
The bottom line is that bodybuilders have a right to seek liposuction if it they wish. Just as the rules changed when sports people took steroids to help their game, the rules could change again to also exclude the use of liposuction to help win the contest. Bodybuilders should also consider the length of time it takes to recover from having the surgery. It is the bodybuilder’s choice, but, all bodybuilders should consider the possible consequences carefully before making a final decision.
This post comes courtesy of the marketing team at the office of Dr Farah Meher Homji, who you can watch on YouTube, catch one of her Tweets, follow her on G+, or read her profile on her official page at Cosmos Clinic.
Gynecomastia occurs when the tissue within male breasts becomes enlarged, giving them a feminine appearance. The amount of enlargement varies, but the chances of developing the condition increases if one uses human growth hormones. Due to this, it is more common in bodybuilders than in other groups. In terms of treatment, it can only be removed surgically, as the condition is a hormonal one. Here is more information about gynecomastia surgery for body builders.Before the surgical procedure can be done, a surgeon must first assess if a man qualifies for the surgery. This can all be determined by conducting a consultation. For instance, men who are overweight or obese are not ideal candidates. Individuals who are healthy and in shape are more likely to recover properly and quickly without complications. Also, having firm elastic-like skin that can be reshaped with stabilized breast tissue is needed. Other requirements to consider are whether or not a patient can be given general anesthesia.
The procedure involves ultrasonic liposuction (mastectomy). This is why general anesthesia is usually used (although not all offices recommend it for some patients). By putting the patient to sleep, they will not feel the discomfort of the procedure. The excess breast tissue is removed in order to give the chest a smaller and more male-like appearance. It is categorized as a localized procedure because it focuses on one targeted area specifically. The incision is placed near the areola, which is where the liposuction will take place. Depending on how much liposuction is performed, additional procedures, such as the removal of excess skin might also be performed (this procedure always requires general anesthesia).After the procedure, the patient may need to stay in the clinic for additional time to be observed. Things that will be monitored are pain, bruising, the amount of swelling, and any other discomfort. Generally, patients are able to return to their normal activities within three days.If the procedure is done properly, the rate of surgical compilations is low. However, if complications do occur, they are typically confined to infection of the surgical wound areas, asymmetry of the breasts, a change in the sensation within the breast tissue, and scarring. These things are discussed in the pre-consultation so patients know everything needed about the procedure in order to weigh the pros and cons beforehand.
Although there are no long-term complications with gynecomastia (such as pain), many men feel embarrassed to have this condition because it affects their appearance. Having a surgical procedure to reduce the breast tissue is the only means of treatment. There are many plastic surgeons that offer this procedure.
This has been an article from the marketing team at Cosmos Clinic, if you’re thinking of getting cosmetic surgery, consult them first. You can also find them on YouTube and Google Plus.